Business Development Manager (Timber)Location: Swindon
Salary: Salary discussed upon application
Expiry date: 31/05/2018
Business Development Manager - Scotframe
This position is working for Scotframe who are a part of the Saint Gobain group who are the Global winners of
TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Scotframe Family. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and team and play a pivotal role in providing a first class service.
Scotframe manufactures and supplies full timber frame housing kits for small/medium builders, developers and self-builders in the UK and is a market leader in closed panel systems used extensively for new build homes in Scotland and England.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Achieving sales as set out in the overall sales plan including invoiced sales, margins and forecasting
- Identifying potential customers, and the decision makers within the customer . Researching, building and maintaining relationships with new clients and existing accounts.
- Planning approaches and working to develop proposals that address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate.
- Maintaining and providing quality reporting to board level on of operation and its performance
- Maintaining own knowledge and delivering a consistently great experience to customers to meet the requirements and standards of Scotframe and the wider Saint Gobain brand.
- Supporting and participating in “Customer Experience” Initiatives
- Identifying development needs for self and participate in development training provided
Experience required. You will have;
- Experience of a Sales & Estimating department and the understanding of the principles of person to person and business to business selling
- A relevant degree level qualified or equivalent – might suit background
- The ability to identify and implement performance goals, priorities, recommend measures
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Capable of leading, coaching, and motivating a team
- IT literate in systems relevant to role i.e. CRM, Excel, Word, Autocad, Powerpoint
- Good business and commercial awareness – preferably gained from similar industry
- Able to translate technical language into simple terms
- Ability to influence and lead change within the team
- Driving (as travel and overnight stays may be required)
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Saint Gobain employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.